Meet our Pastor
Pastor Luther Symons
Pastor Luther Symons begins his ministry on Sunday, June 4th
Grace & peace!
Having been asked to do a “brief” piece with some historical data is hard for a preacher. (Not writing the piece, but making it brief!). So I will give a couple of photos and some bullet points
* Born in Canada into a Lutheran family: dad was a pastor and mom a nursing assistant. Two brothers.
* Married to Nusrat in December 1991
* Three children: Jonah (Megan), Elias and Maria (Michael)
* Four grandchildren: Theresa, Abigail & David (Jonah & Megan) and Maxine (Maria & Michael)
* Education: BA, MA, MDiv, PhD, DTh
* Residential Counselor in a facility of the Canadian Mental Health Association (1988-1990)
* Pastor at Zion Lutheran Church, Winnipeg (1992-1993)
* Director at the “Ecole Lutherienne de Formation Biblique et Théologique” in Garoua Boulai, Cameroon (a missionary posting to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Cameroon) (1994-1999)
* Deputy Director of the International PhD Program at the College of Religious Studies, Mahidol University (Bangkok, Thailand) (1999-2002)
* Pastor at Northwood Washington Lutheran Parish, Northwood, ND (2003-2007)
* Senior Pastor at Incarnation Lutheran Church, Poway, CA (2007-2023)
I have lots of stories to tell, and looking forward to telling them, but this gives a thumbnail sketch of some things folks may find useful to know.