Meet our Pastor
- I’ve always wanted to be a pastor. I never wanted to be a fireman, policeman, or anything else.
- I love Jesus, and I love being a pastor.
- I just celebrated 41 years of ordained ministry in the Lutheran Church and 13 years at Our Redeemer.
- I got my BA degree from Concordia College, Ft. Wayne, IN, and I graduated from Christ Seminary (Seminex) in 1978.
- I’ve been a pastor at congregations in Wichita, KS, Springfield, MO, San Diego, CA, Pomona, CA, and now at Garden Grove, CA. I began work in Garden Grove in November, 2006.
- I’ve been married for 42 years to my wife, Wendy. We have three grown children and one grandchild.
- On the Myers-Briggs personality test I am an ENTJ.
- I am pretty competitive. My current passions are golf and Words with Friends (Watch out: I’m pretty good at both!)
- I do the NY Times Sunday crossword in ink each week.
- I love drama (My wife and I go to many plays). My parents majored in drama, my dad was a radio announcer, my sister majored in drama and now owns a comedy club in Florida, and I had a great aunt who starred on Broadway. None of my kids played sports, but they all were in their school plays.
- My door is always open. People are my priority.
- My favorite Bible passage is Ephesians 2:8-9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith. It is not your own doing, it is a gift of God, not the result of works, so that no one may boast.”
- Life, faith, salvation, and all good things are undeserved gifts from God to be celebrated every day. Anything else you want to know, give me a call at 714-539-9541... and let’s talk!
- My email is Revbst@aol.com and is a wonderful way to contact me!